Thursday 4 February 2010




today i walked and walked and walked in the early morning, to catch the best light.
i walked though fields and across a frozen river, not big but still quite a scary thing to do for a countryside-phobic girl like me!
My photographic work proceeds slowly but is satisfying and exciting. I walk through the frozen grass of the fields searching for little reminders of humanity, spread on the plain there are abandoned houses and sheds. One shed has been made out of half- a boat and it was full of rubbish. I have to walk long distances through farms and fields to find a shed or an element that attracts my attention.
In London this would be called "trespassing" but here in Skagastrond people don't even need to lock their front door and are easygoing about me hopping around their fields.
In the afternoon i went for a walk on the cliff and saw seals, which were gorgeous, however the wind was so strong that i had to head back to NES studios.

1 comment:

  1. Last year when my friend/your friend Nick showed me your pictures because of a project I was working on I liked them very much. It is exciting to watch this journey. The photographs are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete