Thursday 11 February 2010

pot luck






the other night we had "pot luck" which is the icelandic/US short name "inviteyourfriendsoverandhavelotsoffood".
having been in Skagastrond for 11 days now my only problem seems to be that i really miss ASDA Leyton. I am totally unable to buy food sensibly in the local supermarket, which may lack a bit of vegetables but sells mostly british brands just like ASDA. However i think i am suffering from withdrawl symptoms: lack of non places. Taken out of my environment of super-huge supermarket i am unable to function and end up eating unprobable combinations of food.
So pot luck was an eye opened as we all had to cook something, i made pizza and blueberry cheesecake. To my amazement there was salad, spinach and curry fish!! joy!
NES pot luck is the kind of social event that attracts the Mayor of Skagastrond and a great occasion to chat and learn more about the story of this village, which has given me more idea for developing my photographic work

No comments:

Post a Comment