Tuesday 2 March 2010

toward the lighthouse (part 3)




today i finally made it to the lighthouse. Borrowing Olafia's car, Anna drove up to the lighthouse which is 26 km from Skagastrond.
The fields were long plains of snow, few working farms scattered along. Near the lighthouse there were 4-5 empty houses and barns, i couldn't reach 2 of them due to the high snow which made it impossible to photograph. But i did manage to photograph 3...before tragedy struck! my lightmeter broke!
So the trip was cut short (Thanks Anna for consoling me while i was having a moment of lightmeter -related hysterism) but i have now managed to fix the lightmeter, and as soon as the snow melts i shall be heading out on my biccycle to photograph more!
In the faternoon i walked up and down the harbour, got to photograph lots of fish...fish to me is that white thing inside boxes in the frozen food aisle in Asda. Here ig yellow containers were filled with sea monsters. fishermen were a bit annoyed by my presence and only two allowed me to photograph them.

No comments:

Post a Comment